Windlass Anchor Rode 15' - 5/16" SS Chain 5/8" 8-Plait Nylon Rope
- Free Shipping
Windlass Anchor Rode - 5/8" 8 Plait Nylon Rope spliced to 15 ft of Stainless Steel 5/16" Chain
We have taken our renowned rode and made it even better! Instead of a fifteen foot chain lead, we have increased it to twenty-five feet to give you the extra leverage that you need. And when nothing but the best will do, you want Buccaneer rope. This rode uses premium Buccaneer brand rope and stainless steel chain.
- Stainless chain offers an aesthetics benefit for those who prefer the continuous shine of stainless on the bow of their boat.
- Stainless chain avoids the issues concerning galvanizing and wear. It also stows nicely, because unlike galvanized chain it does not 'cone' in the chain locker (simply because the links are smoother).
- We only use 316L chain, which means low nickel content (vs 316). This is a medical grade stainless that lasts longer in warm, salty conditions that will easily corrode low-grade chain.
Check stainless steel chain availability here. If the chain is out of stock, it will take about 2 weeks to get to the warehouse.
Buccaneer rope is manufactured in the USA in Scottsboro, Alabama. They have been serving the rope and cordage industry for close to 45 years. Buccaneer 8-plait has a more substantial lay that gives more grip when going through your gypsy. This premium rope is for the discriminate boater who wants the benefits of an 8-plait with a thicker hand feel.
Eight plait anchor rodes have a few distinct advantages over three strand rodes:
- Eight plait rodes have a looser, bi-directional woven lay, allowing it to drape over itself, reducing air voids found between the coiled, denser line found in three strand rodes. The more air in the locker, the less line capacity you're able to carry onboard.
Since the line has no bias clockwise or counter clockwise, the rope will not hockle or kink, allowing the windlass to manage the rope better
Eight plait rope is able to absorb higher shock loads than three strand rope
- The combination of premium nylon rope and chain is suitable for all major windlass manufacturers.