dark horse marine
Windlass Anchor Rode 15' - 5/16" Stainless Steel Chain 5/8" 3-Strand Rope
- Free Shipping
This rode uses New England brand rope and marine-grade stainless steel chain.
New England anchor line is specially designed for use in popular mechanical windlasses. Engineered to work in most major windlass models and uniquely designed to be spliced to chain.
Stainless chain offers an aesthetics benefit for those who prefer the continuous shine of stainless on the bow of their boat.
- Stainless chain avoids the issues concerning galvanizing and wear.
- It also stows nicely, because unlike galvanized chain it does not 'cone' in the chain locker (simply because the links are smoother).
The benefits of a 3-strand rode include:
- Twisted nylon rope maximizes the rode's shock absorption while reducing wear and tear on your windlass, anchor roller and ground tackle
- The rope is coated and heat stabilized for minimum water absorption and fiber-to-fiber abrasion. High-quality nylon fibers reduce hardening of the rope, nearly eliminating all knots and hockles.
- Our chain is calibrated to fit windlasses with ISO short link chainwheels.
- The combination of premium nylon rope and chain is suitable for all major windlass manufacturers. Please check your windlass manufacturers specifications to ensure a proper match.
If you have ANY questions at all about what size rode you need for your chainwheel, please ask prior to ordering! Please check sizing prior to ordering.
**All rodes must be soaked prior to use, otherwise snags and slippage can occur. Ensure that you have the proper size and then soak from 2 to 24 hours before loading into your windlass.**
Our current production time for a custom anchor rode is 24-48 business hours. We use UPS ground for our free shipping and can take up to 5/6 business days once your items ships. If you need your rode expedited, please call us to arrange for a different option.