Windlass Anchor Rode 15' of 1/4" Stainless Steel Chain 1/2" 8-Plait Rope
- Free Shipping
Windlass Anchor Rode - 1/2" 8 Plait Nylon Rope spliced to 15 ft of Stainless Steel 1/4" Chain
This rode uses premium medium lay 8-strand windlass rope and marine-grade 316 stainless windlass chain.
- Stainless chain offers an aesthetics benefit for those who prefer the continuous shine of stainless on the bow of their boat
- Stainless chain avoids the issues concerning galvanizing and wear that can rust and stain your deck and rope locker
- Stainless chain stows nicely, because unlike galvanized chain it does not 'cone' in the chain locker (simply because the links are smoother)
Eight plait anchor rodes have a few distinct advantages over three strand rodes:
- Eight plait rodes have a looser, bi-directional woven lay, allowing it to drape over itself, reducing air voids found between the coiled, denser line found in three strand rodes. The more air in the locker, the less line capacity you're able to carry onboard.
Since the line has no bias clockwise or counter clockwise, the rope will not hockle or kink, allowing the windlass to manage the rope better
Eight plait rope is able to absorb higher shock loads than three strand rope
- The combination of premium nylon rope and chain is suitable for all major windlass manufacturers
Please check your windlass manufacturers specifications to ensure a proper match.
If you have a Lewmar windlass, you can check the number on your chainwheel against our chart here: https://darkhorsemarine.com/lewmar-windlass-gypsy-guides/
the opportunity to build your own custom rode. Check it out here at: https://darkhorsemarine.com/custom-anchor-rode/