dark horse marine
Windlass Anchor Rode 25' - 1/4" Stainless Steel Chain 1/2" 8-Plait Rope
- Free Shipping
Windlass Anchor Rode - 1/2" 8 Plait Nylon Rope spliced to 25 ft of Stainless Steel 1/4" Chain
We have taken our renowned rode and made it even better! Instead of a fifteen foot chain lead, we have increased it to twenty-five feet to give you the extra leverage that you need. This rode uses premium medium lay windlass rope and 316 stainless steel chain short link windlass chain.
- Stainless chain offers an aesthetics benefit for those who prefer the continuous shine of stainless on the bow of their boat
- Stainless chain avoids the issues concerning galvanizing and wear that can rust and stain your deck and rope locker
- Stainless chain stows nicely, because unlike galvanized chain it does not 'cone' in the chain locker (simply because the links are smoother)
Eight plait anchor rodes have a few distinct advantages over three strand rodes:
- Eight plait rodes have a looser, bi-directional woven lay, allowing it to drape over itself, reducing air voids found between the coiled, denser line found in three strand rodes. The more air in the locker, the less line capacity you're able to carry onboard.
Since the line has no bias clockwise or counter clockwise, the rope will not hockle or kink, allowing the windlass to manage the rope better
Eight plait rope is able to absorb higher shock loads than three strand rope
- The combination of premium nylon rope and chain is suitable for all major windlass manufacturers.
the opportunity to build your own custom rode. Check it out here!
Rope & chain
Tired of the rust from the galvanized all over boat, need new rope also. This product is working great. I do fishing/dive charters and use my anchor alot.